Must sign into ArcGIS Online to download offline areas from ArcGIS Enterprise

01-19-2023 01:59 PM
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

We've been trying to figure out why users must log into ArcGIS Online when downloading offline areas from a map hosted on ArcGIS Enterprise.  The user is occasionally prompted to sign into ArcGIS Online after defining an offline area in the app and then starting the download.  We are having to create accounts for user in both are on-prem ArcGIS Enterprise portal as well as ArcGIS Online portal.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshSkidmore
New Contributor

Sometimes it takes a new set of eyes.  I finally did get a working product.  Thank you for the ideas - it finally works offline.

0 Kudos
Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

Thanks Joe.  Turns out, after doing those steps many times with no success, the user that I was trying to use in step 5, I had newly created and thus I hadn't logged into that account to change the temp password, so it kept failing.  As soon as I changed the password, all the steps worked. 

Thanks again.

x (x)

0 Kudos
ResourceAnalyst
New Contributor II

Anybody know how to avoid the AGOL sign in with an imagery basemap i.e. ESRI World Imagery? Unlike the vector basemap there is no prompt to store credentials with the item in Portal 11.1

RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ResourceAnalyst 

Did you ever get a solution to this, I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos