Overzoom basemap (shuts off basemap)

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 03:46 PM
DavidPuckett
Occasional Contributor

Our imagery basemap 'disappears' when zooming in past level 21 but we would like it to overzoom such that the imagery pixelates but doesn't go away. @ColinLawrence you mentioned in this post that "Collector and Field Maps do use basemap overzoom where you can zoom in past the available scale level so the room and smaller scales are not always necessary;". We are seeing this overzoom behavior with the same imagery basemap in Collector but in Field Maps the imagery simply goes away. Is there a setting in the app or webmap that we can set to enable the overzoom? Or something else we can do?

Big Thanks for any insights

21 Replies
JakeJacobsAVA
New Contributor III

Agree with the frustration this change is causing. I am currently working with Esri support because the documented workarounds in the knowledge base article don't address sideloaded basemaps. The workaround is extremely awkward. I couldn't find any way to do it on an iOS device; I had to redeploy the entire tpk after making the change on a windows device (which is hours of file transfer) but the following does work:

1. Change the .tpk extension to .zip and unzip

2. Go to servicedescriptions >> mapserver >> mapserver.json

3. Search for maxscale in Notepad ++ or something

4. Find the one that is not = 0 and change it to 0. 

5. Rezip using compression = 0 (store)

6. Rename the file extension

7. Redeploy tpk to device

Note that tthe Esri analyst I'm working with says there is currently no way in Pro to adjust this maxscale when you build the tpks or tpkxs - you will have to produce the package and then hack the file before deploying to the device.

AndrewWillingale
New Contributor III

Hi @ChrisDunn1 

What's the latest update regarding this situation please? We're experiencing the issue described in the original post on our ArcGIS Enterprise environment. Although you explained last year that the ArcGIS Assistant beta site can be used to edit the json other users have subsequently explained that this isn't necessarily a suitable fix.

Thanks.

0 Kudos