Photos collected from the Field map mobile application at field level are not shown in the Field map after few days.

2 weeks ago
kalpanaGelli
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

One of my field workers, collected data using field map mobile application. They collected data along with photos at field level. But now i checked in field map, i didn't see any photos of that data collection, and  what i observed is that, field map offline mode is disabled. 

I refreshed and enabled, and i didn't see any photos in itself along with data.

now, is there anything else can i do to get back the photos during inspection done field worker?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
erKay_nv5
New Contributor III

Check this link: How To: Access Offline Edits from ArcGIS Field Maps Directly from an iOS or Android Device (esri.com...

Fieldmaps does store a Geodatabase on the device during collection, so they may be there.

0 Kudos
kalpanaGelli
New Contributor II

So, I am working through this.  but in the file sharing through iTunes, for field maps, i am unable find the geodatabase file.  can you please help me here.

kalpanaGelli_0-1713469215199.png

0 Kudos
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

This can happen from time to time, either offline or "live" mode. I have seen where the cellular signal is marginal and this will cause the point submittal to time out and fail and you get no saved point or photo. Also, I have seen where the point submittal with photo shows as successful and later, no photo is attached, though this is pretty rare.

We found the safest process to take the picture on the mobile device via the camera app, then while in Field Maps or Collector, select your photo from the mobile device photo library prior to submitting the collected point. That way you always have a second copy of the photo should it be needed. Taking the photo from inside FM or Collector does not store the image on the mobile device, it only transmits it.

It takes longer, but you can also verify successful point submittal on the mobile device by selecting the point from the device screen  and reviewing the attributes and the photo prior to moving to your next location. This helps with a variety of field data problems that come up.

One other way that points/photos can be 'lost' is when the field user incorrectly saves them to the wrong editable layer, i.e., he has the wrong map open on the mobile device, in which case they are not really lost, they are stored in a different map service. 

Hope that helps some.

kalpanaGelli
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for clear explanation about it. I got it.

0 Kudos