Pop-ups not enabled in web map but showing up in Field Maps App

Jump to solution
08-05-2022 09:45 AM
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

For context, I recently added a new feature service for a work flow, similar to how we have in the past. In the Data visualization tab, the UI has changed but I set up the symbology and pop-up the same as previously. It's a group feature service (3 layers within), two of the layers do not have a pop-up, one does.  I configured the pop-up as before (copy and pasted from the previous web map). I made sure to set the other two to not enabled.  To configure which fields were editable, I went to the Data Tab/Fields to do this (though I wasn't able to configure all fields I wanted to be locked down as uneditable, though that's another story, def not as easy as it was before). 

I then opened the feature service in Map Viewer, set my book marks, checked that the two polygon layers were not 'clickable' or had a pop-up showing up. I then removed all 3 layers from the grouping and deleted the group as having a group layer caused issues in the past. Still all good, the one point layer with a pop-up was working, the other two didn't show in the web map. 

I set up the offline areas, opened it in Field Maps and it shows all items, pop-ups for all 3 layers. I tried to set it up again leaving the grouping, same problem occurred. I tried setting up a new map using Map Viewer Classic, same problem. I tried Collector, same problem. I tried not making offline areas, same problem. I'm starting to think it may be an issue with the new Data visualization set up? My maps that I made (even just a few months ago) in the same way for the same work flow all work fine and as expected (and still do) in Field Maps.  

Any ideas of something else to try?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

So to fix this, I had to re-add the feature service. I then did NOT use the Data Visualization option in the Feature Layer properties and instead made a map using the Map Viewer Classic. All works just fine now. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
AmeWunderle
New Contributor III

So to fix this, I had to re-add the feature service. I then did NOT use the Data Visualization option in the Feature Layer properties and instead made a map using the Map Viewer Classic. All works just fine now. 

ajevans429
New Contributor III

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a few layers that have popups turned off, both in the layer's source visualization settings and in the webmap, and popups are still showing in field maps app. 

I did find another "solution" though: in the webmap, selecting "disconnect layer properties" (from source layer), fixes the issue. For some reason, when the layer is connected to the source layer properties, popups will show no matter the settings.

Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

I had this same issue crop up today, except it was with a map service I had in my web map.  Had the pop-ups disabled in the Map Viewer, which worked there, but kept showing up in Field Maps.  What worked for me was opening the web map in Map Viewer Classic, removing and then re-adding the map service, and then turning off the pop-ups and saving the map.  Then the layer pop-up was not showing up in Field Maps as expected.

BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

This is still an issue.

Seems to be an issue between new map viewer and Field Maps. I really don't want to keep working around it in old map viewer because it resets map settings and makes me redo Field Maps settings after every save from old map viewer.

(Portal 10.9.1)

kawakawa4
New Contributor III

This is an issue for Web Apps also. Popups not enabled in the source Web map, but they appear in the app.  Re-making the map in Map viewer classic isn't an option as I use lots of features available in the new Map Viewer only. Please fix!

Kummerla
New Contributor

Use arcade expression in popup Windows? 

0 Kudos
kawakawa4
New Contributor III

@Kummerla thanks for your reply. Can you explain how that works please? From what I can see, you need to 'Enable Popups' to be able to input an Arcade expression.

I have tried: "return null;", "return "";" and "{}" as Attribute Expressions but the popup still appears. 

0 Kudos
Kummerla
New Contributor
For me, after using the arcade expressions, the popups don't follow the display rules.
If I don't use the arcade term, the pop-ups follow the settings.
You can see the result in the picture below.In the case of a red X, the appearance of the pop-up window is prohibited.

I recommend that you also take the test.
Copy the webmap and delete the arcade terms. Test the result.

If what I assume is true, then we know what the error is and we are waiting for the developers to fix it.
0 Kudos
jschuckert
New Contributor III

Has this suggested workaround worked for others? Doing some quick testing it does not appear to be working in my case....

Any other updates or suggested workarounds besides reverting back to the Map Viewer Classic?

0 Kudos