"Geodatebase Value is null" error in Field Maps when trying to collect new point

Jump to solution
11-09-2022 08:20 AM
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

"Geodatebase Value is null" error in Field Maps when adding new point to a layer in Field Maps.

Step:

1. Create a new point to submit

2. Enter information into fields for point.

3. Click Add Point

4. Click Submit

4. Error: "Geodatabase value is null"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I solved the issue. I had a required field for my layer. The field was not visible in the window when adding the point on the Field Maps map. The work around was to go into Field Maps on the desktop, edit the Form field for my layer and add the field that was required to the form.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Your hosted feature layer (GDB) may have fields that do not allow null values.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this with an offline map by chance? I seem to recall getting this message when a number of us were downloading an offline map which was very large. It completed the download but somewhere in the process corrupted the offline replica. If it is then try a smaller offline map area with less data and a decent wifi connection (ideally).

0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

This was with an online map. Users were out in the field and were able to add points to the layer the one day the error started to appear. Other layers in the web map work. I might have tinkered with one of the lists for one of the fields thats all I can think of something going wrong.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you changed one of the field lists that could cause this. If you're using hosted feature layer views, 'Reset to source' the field and it'll inherit the source feature layer's settings, including any field list changes.

0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I solved the issue. I had a required field for my layer. The field was not visible in the window when adding the point on the Field Maps map. The work around was to go into Field Maps on the desktop, edit the Form field for my layer and add the field that was required to the form.