Tracker showing two locations for same account

Jump to solution
10-20-2021 07:46 AM
MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

We're trying out tracker with 4 different users/accounts and for some reason one of the accounts is showing up in two locations.  See the screenshot below.  The one circled in red is the extra location and it's "stale"...hasn't moved, with the current location further to the right (east)  Is there anyway to remove that old location?

I've looked at the table and there are two records, but have the same device ID & session ID, so I'm not sure why that happened.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
17 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatthewKing. Are you still using the same devices on Android that you reported previously? What version of Field Maps are you running? Is the erroneous Full Name that is displaying registered to another user in your organization? Does the deviceID field match for all 3 features?

If you have the troubleshooting logs from this device still it would be good to compare the timestamp from when the new LKL was created vs what occurs at that timestamp in the troubleshooting logs on the device. Feel free to share them here if you are willing. We haven't seen this reported in some time.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@ColinLawrence thanks for the response.  Yes for the same devices and all have the same version of Field Maps.  However, in addition we did add some new devices (both iphone and android) so not sure about their version of FM. 

The two duplicates with the same account for created_user & full_name have different device ID and the triplicate with the different full_name from the created_user as the same device ID as one of the above....all very confusing 🙂  Attached is a screenshot of the table (excel export) and I changed the account names.  The other person is within our organization and was on the rx burn that day being tracked using a different device and that worked fine.

Like I mentioned I can maybe see where we messed up with one of the duplicates since we were adding new devices, but I can't figure out how there's one with a different full_name since to the best of my knowledge that field isn't editable.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@MatthewKing Do you happen to have the troubleshooting logs from the device on 7/21? They will be cleared after 7 days so it would be good to export those if you have access to the device. The fullname part is definitely strange. Looking into this on our end...

Is there anything unique about the movements of this fieldworker when this happens? Historically we saw this after the device was moving for some time but then went idle (with tracking on) and after an idle period started moving again; at this point a new LKL was created. Any hints to track this down and reproduce on our end. Thanks!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@ColinLawrence I'll work on getting the logs, I guess I'll have to get them from both devices?

As for anything unique...this device/account was assigned to a "suppression" engine that monitors an area for fire going somewhere where it shouldn't.  It would/could be idle for sometime, but probably no more than 10-15 minutes at the most.

0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@ColinLawrence See attached logs.  I named them after the first set of digits of the device ID.  

Also, an update about anything unique...when setting up the devices in the morning before the burn, we do turn on the tracking and they do sit around a bit (around 1 hour) while we're conducting our pre-burn briefing and getting the rest of our gear setup.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@MatthewKing Comparing the device logs vs your screenshot of the multiple LKLs and timestamps at least one example seems to align with the stationary scenario I mentioned but that could be a coincidence. I also noticed a few failed uploads in the logs around that time as it appears the device is moving in/out of connectivity frequently. Is this common in the work areas? To have spotty connectivity?

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
MatthewKing

@ColinLawrence It could be that they would be moving in/out of connectivity.  We are out in the woods, but it's not too remote, but it is a possibility.  Also, there are areas of somewhat heavy tree canopy, but I'm not sure that would cause connectivity issues, though it might interfere with getting a good GPS signal.

We did another burn this past Friday and everything went ok, there were no duplicates even though I know of one time where one of the devices didn't get a cell signal.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@MatthewKing Extended periods of time where the device is offline/with no signal shouldnt be an issue, in general. Based on the logs it appears that an upload happened to be attempted during a momentary blip in connectivity. We are likely not handling this failure correctly in some specific scenarios but its been hard to track down. Your feedback is certainly helpful.

After this last instance, have you cleared the tracking service for this user? You mentioned you didnt have any additional issues this past Friday but I wasnt sure if you still had the existing triplicates or not. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos