URL link within field maps popup not working.

01-20-2022 07:26 AM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have added two URL links to the pop up in AGOL and they work fine in both AGOL and ArcGIS Pro. They currently do not work in Field Maps. First, do URLS work within Field Maps? If so can someone point me to documentation of how I can make them work and/or explain it here that would be greatly appreciated. The linked field names are "Floor Plans Link" and "Building Security Coordinators Link". See attached image.

Thanks for the help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
RichSiko
New Contributor III

I don't think BUG-000145744 was actually corrected for Android devices.  

Apple IOS Field Maps works correctly.  When you click on a PDF media link for example, it correctly opens the url link to Azure storage where my PDF's are stored.

When the same map is opened on an Android device, the url link is not loaded. Nothing happens when you click the media link.

When ArcGIS Explorer was available, the user was presented with two options when clicking Media.   View image and Open Link.

Open Link would execute the url and the PDF would load. This is essentially how Field Maps works on an IOS device. On an Android device, the user is not presented with these two options: View Image or Open Link.

I’m using the latest Android version which is 12.

Esri support was able to replicate this problem using Filed Maps version 22.3.1on an Android device and agree that it is a bug.  I'm waiting for a Bug tracking ID to be assigned.

I've attached two images. With IOS you see the "Open Link" option. With Android you do not.

0 Kudos
RichSiko
New Contributor III

Here's the Bug request:

BUG-000153952 - "The Open link and View Image options are not available in ArcGIS Field Maps on Android device"

I was told that BUG-000145744 addressed a different problem with Field Maps on an Android device.

Field Maps is basically unusable in its current state, since our field crew relies on the url link to open documents and diagrams stored in the Azure cloud.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @RichSiko and helping with getting a new bug logged. We are currently investigating.

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RichSiko
New Contributor III

I am rapidly losing all confidence in the esri Field Maps development team.

Now there is no longer the ability to open a media link with the release of  IOS Field Maps 22.4.2 .

The prompt "Open Link" no longer appears.  Now things are consistently broken on both Android and IOS devices.

BUG-000153952 which I submitted for Android Field Maps is still classified as under consideration.

If they look at version 22.3.1 for IOS, they should be able to determine what is broken with opening Media links. This version worked correctly.

Explorer should never have been retired unless Field Maps was a rock solid product.

DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

I am experiencing the same issue  on IOS 22.4.2 (build954)

this functionality used to be working just fine and same as @RichSiko  our field crews are relying on those URLs to pull asbuilt, service cards, etc.)

it will works if you only have ONE media ... if you have multiple ... not working.

I could create Arcade expressions but I would rather have the original functionality back

PLEASE ESRI get this fix ASAP

0 Kudos
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

PopupConfig.pngPopupConfig1.pngI have arcade expression that work fine in a browser, but now in Field maps it is opening the the image rather then the link! They worked fine previously at some version and I just noticed they weren't working, so downloaded the latest version of Field Maps, but instead of going to the link it opens the link image. This is really quite just nuts.

0 Kudos
BlueSky17
New Contributor III

What hyperlink format do you use in FieldMaps to open up the pictures (or documents) that are stored on iPad?

For example, I need to update this hyperlink so the guys out in a field can open up a pic that would be stored on the device.

BlueSky17_0-1699995030221.png

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

Similarly, the new ios 17 is not allowing for hyperlinks to be clickable when configured in the feature layer field. I have logged a case for this but unsure if anyone else is getting the same issue. 

0 Kudos
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

This is in Android but

One of the things that can be done is to use an expression to generate a link, then use that along with a URL to a pic in the popup media. In Field Maps when you tap the image it opens in another window, the options there allow you to open the link. In my case, it downloads the file to my phone/tablet, before opening. The same format is a nice single click to open in the browser with the same web map. Not great but gives access for now.

0 Kudos