What subscription do I need for Wetland and Archaeology Field Staff?

02-23-2024 05:59 AM
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

This may seem like a simple question, but I have two ArcGIS desktop basic licenses for our small business. In the past, it has just been myself and one other environmental person that used our Trimble DA2 combined with Field Maps for data collection in the field.  For us, we use it for wetland delineation to collect wetland and stream locations along with other features like underground utility markers and photos. We have archaeologists as well, but the use so far has been for one of us current users to run the Trimble Catalyst 1 on-demand subscription to locate Soil Test Pit (STP) locations in the field. I have a request now for archaeologists without a GIS license currently to be able to use the Trimble DA2 and Field Maps in the field to locate additional STPs that we did not mark initially.  So they need a license since I don't want to hand over my username and password to them.  They don't need to make maps, just collect data.  There appears to be like 4 different license types and it appears they are to be paired somehow.  I am not sure what we need to get for our needs.  They appear to be similar use cases.  Any insights?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Mapper7775,

Say I have two Trimble DA2 units, but it they are shared among say 5-6 different staff.  We have the two Basic Desktop licenses.  Do the other 3-4 staff each need a separate Mobile User License?  Or can I get like a shared license or something?  They only each would use the DA2 on occasion.  So I just don't want to spend $385 apiece for something a person may only use like once.  Have others run into this?  Is there a license type that can just travel with the GPS somehow regardless of who is using it?

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @JustinJohnston ,

@Anonymous User is correct. Since you have an ArcGIS Online subscription you would just need to add the Mobile Worker User Type. This user type enables users to collect data in the field with Field Maps, Survey123 & QuickCapture.  

0 Kudos