ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350 crashing

Jump to solution
11-19-2015 09:27 AM
LanaDenkeler1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I recently installed this plugin and it was working great! However, it was not setup to autoload when I started CAD, so I was just starting it from the plugin icon in my Windows Start menu/Taskbar.  This was a bit of a pain if I had a drawing already open and then needed the plugin. I began researching and discovered I could use the netload command to initiate the plugin from within AutoCAD.

After I tried this for the first time, AutoCAD would freeze anytime I clicked on ESRI Maps or Add Service buttons and the only way out was stopping the program through Task Manager. I've tried repairing the plugin through the uninstall dialogue box and completely uninstalling and reinstalling. I've also run the repair tool for CAD, but have not reinstalled.

Any ideas as to what's causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Friday 11/19/2015 the Esri Maps button was disabled (freezes AutoCAD), the issue has since been resolved.  The Esri Maps button and the other methods of accessing these Esri base maps should all be functioning.  It is a good reminder that you are able to connect to these maps by making a connection via the Add Service dialog box ArcGIS Online server (http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services).  There are other useful maps on that server more than just the 9 listed in the Esri Map gallery.  The esri_addmapservicebyURL command and the AutoLISP (esri_map_add) function are also useful alternatives.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Friday 11/19/2015 the Esri Maps button was disabled (freezes AutoCAD), the issue has since been resolved.  The Esri Maps button and the other methods of accessing these Esri base maps should all be functioning.  It is a good reminder that you are able to connect to these maps by making a connection via the Add Service dialog box ArcGIS Online server (http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services).  There are other useful maps on that server more than just the 9 listed in the Esri Map gallery.  The esri_addmapservicebyURL command and the AutoLISP (esri_map_add) function are also useful alternatives.

0 Kudos
LanaDenkeler1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Don. Yesterday my Add Service feature was also freezing but today it seems to work fine.

0 Kudos