Error 1606 ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400

09-16-2020 10:01 AM
YaoYH
by
New Contributor

Problem: "Error 1606: Could not access the network location" encountered when attempting to add the installation of ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GregHorne
New Contributor III

I have the same error.

0 Kudos
DonlyLIU
New Contributor

I met the same problem when I try to install ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400 on WIN 10 PC  for AutoCAD 2021 or 2020. But it succeeded on other PC . Check the Registry of My Win 10 , no obvious Problems as showing on the Internet, such as this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

How to solve it?NEED HELP by My gmail:  donlyliu@gmail.com
THANKS!

0 Kudos
LuisGeraldino
New Contributor

Exact same situation with me.

0 Kudos
KarenHodge
Esri Contributor

You might check to see if you have access to an ApplicationPlugins folder.  We did see some users in beta where that folder wasn't available and therefore the install is failing.

0 Kudos
KarenHodge
Esri Contributor

Here's a more complete answer from a draft of a knowledgebase article about to be published:

Title
Problem: "Error 1606: Could not access the network location" encountered when attempting to add the installation of ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400Edit Title

Description
When installing version 400 of ArcGIS for AutoCAD, you encounter the error.

Cause
ArcGIS for AutoCAD is installed into the %ProgramFiles%/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins folder. If this folder is missing or not accessible by the current user, ArcGIS for AutoCAD cannot be installed

Solution

There are two workarounds:
1. Recommended: Reinstall AutoCAD to recreate the folder. OR,
2. Create a new folder titled “ApplicationPlugins” in the %ProgramFiles%/Autodesk (this may have unintended consequences when installing and uninstalling AutoCAD plugins)

0 Kudos