Issue during installation ArcGIS for Autocad

Jump to solution
06-26-2022 11:21 PM
MicheleInserra
New Contributor III

Dear Community 

I’m from Italy and I’ve used last year ArcGIS for Autocad (previous version maybe 350??) on my PC together with Autocad 2022 and Autocad 2023 

i have tried to install ArcGIS for Autocad and also creating the proper folder in c/ptogramfiles/autodesk… 

but still asking me when I start the .exe file that I need Autocad on my pc 

anyone can help me ? Please 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hey Michele,

It appears the new attachments are stuck in virus scan mode.

Can you send me a private message with your email address?

I can then schedule a meeting for us to get together perhaps tomorrow late afternoon your time or Wednesday.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Michele,

Thank you for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD! I am sorry to hear that your ArcGIS for AutoCAD installation fails. I am not sure the folder listed contains enough detail for us to determine your computer has the correct location or not so, let's go over a few things.

1) Are we using basic AutoCAD or are we using a vertical such as Civil 3D or Map 3D?
2) The current build of ArcGIS for AutoCAD is 410 released May 4, 2022. You can download it for free here:

ArcGIS for AutoCAD is installed into the %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins folder. If this folder is missing or not accessible by the current user, ArcGIS for AutoCAD cannot be installed. On my computer this location is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins.

3) It sounds like there is a good chance the folder, "ApplicationPlugins", is missing from the machine C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins. Please create this folder and then try to install ArcGIS for AutoCAD again.

This should get you up and running, but if not please let us know.

0 Kudos
MicheleInserra
New Contributor III

Dear @DanWade first of all thank you so much to replay me,

about the problem, unfortunally I have checked and there is the folder, as you can see in the screenshot attached,

do you have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hey,

I appreciate the screen captures. I think they are going to help us solve this behavior. I have never actually looked under (x86) folder before, but I do have the same as you at least for the folder we need, ApplicationPlugins.

We really care about the folder for 64-bit applications and your provided image on this, 123.jpg, indicate the folder we need is spelled wrong. In the image there is an extra "s" in the folder name. This is unlike the (x86) folder which is image 345.jpg.

The folder name should be: "ApplicationPlugins"

default64-bitFolder.png

x86Folder.png

0 Kudos
MicheleInserra
New Contributor III

Dear Dan thank you so much , I have fized it (look the image attached) 

but now when I run the .exe this is the issue ..! (look the second image attached) 

this is stressing me .. 😞 

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Perhaps you already have an older build of ArcGIS for AutoCAD installed. If so, please use the Windows "Control Panel" > "Programs and Features" to uninstall the existing one first. Then install the latest build, 410.

Here is the resource document: Install ArcGIS for AutoCAD

I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
MicheleInserra
New Contributor III

I have cleaned everything 

can you theach me where  I can look for it ? manually ..

and maybe how can I manual remove this ?

because by regular Control Panel I don't see it 

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Michele,

You mention build 350 in your initial post so, if we are in contention with this version or maybe 370 I cannot say where either of these folders might be since you simply just unzip the file and use netload back in those days so the ArcGIS for AutoCAD files could be anywhere on your system.

Since build 400+ the installation is required to go to the specific folder we are discussing here so, if say build 400.2 is installed we need to use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall. The installer for 400+ only looks for the presence of AFA in the application list to see if it is there or not.

I also just noticed build 400.2 is selected in 777.jpg. I hope we want to install build 410 instead.

1) Please provide a screen capture of the application list within the Windows Control Panel.
2) Please provide a screen capture of the Windows File Explorer drilled down to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins.
3) Just in case please also include a picture of the ApplicationPlugins folder under (x86) too.

0 Kudos
MicheleInserra
New Contributor III

Dear Dan you see the build 400_2 because I have tried to install also that but also unsuccessfull 

these are the screen capture you asked, 

but I never used NETLOG or maybe I call with a different name, what is it?

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hey Michele,

It appears the new attachments are stuck in virus scan mode.

Can you send me a private message with your email address?

I can then schedule a meeting for us to get together perhaps tomorrow late afternoon your time or Wednesday.