SharePoint to ArcGIS Enterprise

02-13-2024 07:27 AM
JamesSheppardETM
New Contributor

Hello All,

I have created a flow that when an item is created in SharePoint, a record is created in a feature layer in ArcGIS Enterprise. Everything is working perfectly, except that the new records do not have points when brought over to Enterprise. The flow brings over the spatial data just fine and puts it in the record's fields, but I can't see to get the point to appear. I have attached what the flow looks like and some of its parts.Untitled2.pngUntitled1.pngUntitled3.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

I've been wondering about doing something similar with PowerAutomate, and I believe that there's a geocode processor that has to be used to actual render the spatial data as a feature. Wonder if this is the case for SharePoint stuff too...

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/power-automate/get-started-with-arcgis-connectors-for...

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@JamesSheppardETM - Thank you for posting screenshots in your message. I think I see where the breakdown might be occurring. The geometry field should be formatted based on the following screenshot. In your post, it looks like you might have additional items in there. 

That said, we are working on some enhancements that will make it easier to create the geometry in a feature layer when it is being passed in from an external source. We are hoping to make so there won't be a need to manually write it out like below. 

I will keep you post on when that enhancement is ready! 

AnthonyLatini_0-1707849022460.png

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@JamesSheppardETM - Under further investigation, you actually do not have to pass in the custom geometry. In the Find Address Candidate action, you can use the auto-generated geometry output and pass it into the new record you want to create. 

Old designer: 

In the geometry field, click on the empty space, and then search for "geometry" in the Dynamic content pane. 

AnthonyLatini_0-1707930383362.png

New designer:

Click on the Insert expression icon. This will open the dynamic content pane. 

AnthonyLatini_1-1707930456277.png

Then, under Dynamic content, search for "geometry".

AnthonyLatini_2-1707930488497.png

0 Kudos