Create Boundaries Maps For Different Community in Calgary, Canada

3 weeks ago
ColinTran
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm new to GIS and working on a project that creates a choropleth map community level in Calgary, Canada using ArcGIS in PowerBI. I added the community name in the location tab but when I choose graduated colours in the symbology tab I don`t get a choropleth map, I just get a map with points. 

My spreadsheet contains the province name, city name, community name, postal code, population, multi-polygon, etc.

Do I need data such as shape area, shape length, or any other data to get it right?

Pictures and dataset are attached.

Anyone out there to help? Forever grateful 😺

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10C04vlweuBXrgqzGhzQ65Ge10209H4vT/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=11155... Screenshot 2024-04-09 092204.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuelinJiang
New Contributor

If you want to create custom shape features in ArcGIS for PowerBI, check this post: Shape in Geojson - Page 3 - Esri Community 

And check your column[2-color] in color field. It might be a non-numeric format. If the column is for example text format, each different row would be seen as a different category, thus a distinct color. Change it to numeric format, you can get heat map.

0 Kudos