Using neighborhood codes as location type is not working, because they need to be updated.

Jump to solution
11-15-2023 12:25 AM
LuukLaagwater
New Contributor II

The neighborhood boundaries, thus codes, in the Netherlands have been updated (esp in Amsterdam). When current data with these updated neighborhood codes is used as 'location type' in ArcGIS for PowerBI they are not visible when specifying location type (Boundaries>One Country> Netherlands> Neighborhoods). The location service used in ArcGIS for PowerBI 2023.2.187 does not recognize the updated codes yet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi @LuukLaagwater and @LeslieUK  - I see that there is an Esri Salesforce Case open for this issue: 03484194 . I have reached out to the Support Analyst on that case and have asked that an enhancement request be sent to update this list. 

As a note, we retrieve our information from the Geo-enrichment service and pull in whatever is available in that service. The ArcGIS for Power BI component does not maintain an internal list of locations and is dynamically updated from the GE service.

Once we have the enhancement submitted, we can work with that team to determine the best path forward to getting that list updated. 

Thank you for your patience on this issue. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @LuukLaagwater 

Out of curiosity, when did the boundaries get updated? I believe that the Netherlands last got updated in 2022: Netherlands—Esri Demographics Regional Data | Documentation (arcgis.com) so we will most likely have to wait for that to update still.

~Just trying to fix things~
LuukLaagwater
New Contributor II

Hi Leslie,

This source (CBS gebiedsindelingen) gets updated each year on the first on july.

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi @LuukLaagwater and @LeslieUK  - I see that there is an Esri Salesforce Case open for this issue: 03484194 . I have reached out to the Support Analyst on that case and have asked that an enhancement request be sent to update this list. 

As a note, we retrieve our information from the Geo-enrichment service and pull in whatever is available in that service. The ArcGIS for Power BI component does not maintain an internal list of locations and is dynamically updated from the GE service.

Once we have the enhancement submitted, we can work with that team to determine the best path forward to getting that list updated. 

Thank you for your patience on this issue. 

LuukLaagwater
New Contributor II

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply and help. Thats what I thought.This neighborhood layer is already updated in ArcGIS Online (CBS Buurt actueel - Overzicht (arcgis.com)). So therefore a assumed that it would be available in ArcGIS for Power BI too.

0 Kudos