Admin settings not showing up for Web Part 2.0

11-16-2011 05:25 AM
JeffersonWest
New Contributor
I'm using Web Part 2.0 and I've got it added to my Sharepoint page.  The basemap loads fine, and now I'd like to add some local data from my AGS servers.  Following the help, I go to Site Settings to add Connections in the ArcGIS Mapping Administration section, but the ArcGIS Mapping Admin section does not show up in my site settings, hence cannot add any local AGS services, or anything else.

Does this mean my Sharepoint privs are inadequate, and if so, what privs do I need?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Jefferson,

ArcGIS for SharePoint comes with a list, ArcGIS Mapping Base Maps, that is used to configure the Basemap gallery. SharePoint users with read/write permissions on this list can add, remove, and edit the basemaps in the Basemap gallery by manipulating the items in this list.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
ChrisBeaudette
Occasional Contributor
I'm having exactly the same issue.  Editing the 'ArcGIS Mapping Base Maps' list may work for Base Maps, but it doesn't allow us to maintain all of the other ArcGIS for SharePoint administration tasks (Connections, Locators, Symbols, etc.)

In our case, our SP admin can see the ArcGIS for SharePoint settings, and she has added what *should* be the required perms for me to see them, but I still cannot.

What permissions are required?
0 Kudos
ChrisBeaudette
Occasional Contributor
This is resolved for me, but I'm not sure of the exact resolution.  Our SP admin rebooted, among other things, and verified that I was in the SP Admin group, per this thread.
0 Kudos
NateBradshaw
New Contributor III
I have full admin rights and still do not see the "ArcGIS for Sharepoint Administration" heading.  Running version 2.1.1.
0 Kudos