Allow Visitors to Edit Map Features

Jump to solution
02-13-2012 08:00 AM
JorgeBerumen
New Contributor
Greetings everyone,

I am rather new at SharePoint and I am getting to familiarize myself with the ArcGIS plugin for SharePoint.

Currently, I have a map web part hosted on the default page of my publishing site. It can be accessed by anonymous clients, however, what I would like to do is allow visitor clients, that log-in to the site, the ability to use the ribbon for the map web part (so that they can edit/select features, query, etc). I want to accomplish this without giving them the ability to edit the web page itself or other SharePoint related features.

I give these visitors the ability to view but not edit. Consequently, the ribbon for the ArcGIS web part does not come up. Is there a way to give them the ribbon without making them editors of the website?

Can anyone help on figuring out how can I go about in accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RahulMetangale1
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Jorge,

You can edit the web part then click on ribbon and check the editing tool to make it available to users without editing the web part.

I hope this helps.

Rahul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RahulMetangale1
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Jorge,

You can edit the web part then click on ribbon and check the editing tool to make it available to users without editing the web part.

I hope this helps.

Rahul
0 Kudos