Complete uninstall

08-20-2013 09:46 PM
ThomasOlsson
New Contributor
How do I completly uninstall ESRI Maps for SharePoint?

Running setup.exe do not remove everything as I've seen lists in the rootweb been left behind. Is there a way to erase all configuration and data?

Regards
/Thomas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
hanjun1
New Contributor
What file remian after uninstall?
The webpart? Or the configuration file as list?
Maybe you can just delete all the related file in your site content page.
0 Kudos
ThomasOlsson
New Contributor
Thats the thing. I don't know :-).

I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 3.0 and ran into problems (I have other post abour that). I noticed the support lists on the rootweb has changed their name from ArcGIS... to ESRI Maps... Then I try to edit a web part I get an url-error (extension load failed) and the url points to the old list names. I tried doing an uninstall of 2.1.1 using setup.exe including manual scanning/checking for wsp and web.config and other locations but I still get the same problem after doing a new installation.

For that reason I wonder if something is left behind from the first installation (2.1.1) which worked without problems.

Hope that clarifies my problem more 🙂

Regards
/Thomas
0 Kudos
hanjun1
New Contributor
I think it's better to keep the setting for WebRoot since it's the url when we connect to the ArcGIS server.

And If you are not sure if the update does not work well, I suggest you to create a new site, then deploy the Esri Map for SharePoint again in your new site (Click the Setup and then select Modify), and see what happen.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Thomas,

If you are still encountering issues, I'd suggest you contact our Support services for additional help to make sure you have a clean installation.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos