Esri Maps for IBM Cognos - Configure showing blank page

05-02-2013 07:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: pranabeshc

Hi,

I have installed Esri Maps for (IBM Cognos version 8.4.1). After creating report in report studio with ESRI maps, when i try to configure the map layers in "ESRI Map Designer", it gives me a blank page.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23956[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23957[/ATTACH]

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Pranabesh Chatterjee
0 Kudos
5 Replies
FrancesLitt
New Contributor
Hello,

Adobe Flash Player is required to configure a map in Esri Maps Designer.  Try installing the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for the browser you are using. 

If you have Internet Explorer Enhanced Security enabled, make sure that the appropriate configurations are made to allow access to Cognos and Esri Maps Designer.  If you think that your IE security configuration may be causing the problem, test your access to Esri Maps Designer using a different browser.

I hope that helps,
Frances
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: pranabeshc

Hello,

Adobe Flash Player is required to configure a map in Esri Maps Designer.  Try installing the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for the browser you are using. 

If you have Internet Explorer Enhanced Security enabled, make sure that the appropriate configurations are made to allow access to Cognos and Esri Maps Designer.  If you think that your IE security configuration may be causing the problem, test your access to Esri Maps Designer using a different browser.

I hope that helps,
Frances

Thanks Flitt for your suggestion. We installed Adope flash player and made appropriate configurations for internet explorer. We also tested ESRI Map for cognos in firefox. But still we are getting the same blank page. Is their anything else I can try?[ATTACH=CONFIG]23993[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
PraveenChetty
New Contributor
Hello,

Only new users are facing this issue in our environment. Would you please let me know if you have found a solution for the issue.

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bubbahey25

My question would be, does Adobe Flash play in other programs? Still seems to be a flash issue, but I could be wrong.
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
Try clearing browsing data and settings for Adobe Flash (Control Panel > Flash >Advanced) and also clearing browser cache and cookies.
0 Kudos