measure

02-12-2012 02:46 AM
MichalGrinvald
Esri Contributor
Hi
As far as I understood from a presentation I saw in the last UC, measurement was supposed to be included in version 2.1.
I recently installed the new version (2.1.1) and I see that it didn't get in for some reason.
Is there any explanation why? We needed it for a client. Is it expected in the next version?
Thanks
Michal
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Michal,

We had planned to release a Measure Tool add-in sample with the final release of ArcGIS for SharePoint v2.1.1 - but unfortunately did not get it completed in time. We are still working on it and plan on releasing it sometime in the 2nd quarter of this year.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
MichalGrinvald
Esri Contributor
Hi Michal,

We had planned to release a Measure Tool add-in sample with the final release of ArcGIS for SharePoint v2.1.1 - but unfortunately did not get it completed in time. We are still working on it and plan on releasing it sometime in the 2nd quarter of this year.

Hope this helps,

Thanks
Michal
0 Kudos
NateBradshaw
New Contributor III
Derek,
Where do we get this Measure Tool add-in for ArcGIS for Sharepoint 2.1.1?  Has it been released yet?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Nate,

Where do we get this Measure Tool add-in for ArcGIS for Sharepoint 2.1.1?

You can get it here,

Measure Tool

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
JulianStarke
New Contributor II
How to get this to work?

If I add this XAP to ArcGIS for Sharepoint no map is loading anymore and I get errors if I want to edit the webpart. Any tipps?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Julian,

How to get this to work?

I suspect that the Measure tool was originally built on an earlier release of the Extensibility SDK. If you want to get it to work on the latest ArcGIS for SharePoint release, try re-compiling the code base on the 2.4 Extensibility SDK. Or you could wait for the beta of the next ArcGIS for SharePoint release, which should be coming very soon.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos