Trouble Loading Esri Maps for Office

10-23-2012 09:13 AM
BrianHovis
Occasional Contributor II
I am having trouble loading Esri Maps for Office.  I have a 64 bit PC operating system and use Windows 7.  I was installing the program, but clicked Arabic (yes I know it was stupid) rather than English.  I downloaded the 64 bit English program, but when trying to install that program, I get into a loop (shown in the attached .pdf) that will not allow me to complete the download.

I tried to install the Arabic program using the method described in a previous post where I ([e.g., control panel programs/features-uninstall), but I can't find the program there to uninstall.

I am sure this is a rookie problem, but help will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor
Hi Brian,
From looking through the screenshots and error message in the attachment, it appears like you have 32-bit edition of Microsoft Office 2010 installed. You should be running the Esri Map for Office x86 setup instead of the x64 one.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
-Alagiri
0 Kudos
BrianHovis
Dear Alagiri,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I didn't know that I could have a 32 bit program on a computer that processed 64 bits.  I have not tried the add-in yet, but it seems that installation has successfully completed.  Thanks for your kindness in answering my thread.  Brian
0 Kudos
DeepaS
by
New Contributor
Hi Alagiri ,
My OS is an x64 build one. The Office installed in my machine is of x86 version. However , I get an error while launching the Excel/powerpoint. Pls see the attachment.

Could you help me with a solution.
0 Kudos
EricBowman
Hi Alagiri ,
My OS is an x64 build one. The Office installed in my machine is of x86 version. However , I get an error while launching the Excel/powerpoint. Pls see the attachment.

Hi Deepa,

It's not so much that your OS is 64-bit, but your Office version is 32-bit or 64-bit.  For example, I have Win 7 64-bit, but my Office is 332-bit. You need to find out if Excel is 32 or 64-bit. Open Excel, click File, Help.  See my screenshot and you can see on the right hand side the version and type.

Hope this helps.

Eric
0 Kudos
EricBowman
Hi Alagiri ,

Hi Deepa, Please verify that you have installed the correct version for your Excel. Open Excel, click File, Help. On the right-hand side it will tell you. You have posted an attachment with x64 so I'm assuming that this may have the incorrect version. If you have 32-bit office, then install the 32-bit office and let us know if that worked. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Eric
0 Kudos
KimballHansen
New Contributor
Hi,

I can't install ESRI Maps for Office. I have Microsoft Office 2013 that is 32 bit operating system (both the PC and the Office Software). Does ESRI Maps support Office 2013 yet? I thought I saw some where that it does but it is not working for me. Please help. Thanks.

Kimball Hansen
0 Kudos
EricBowman
Hi,

I can't install ESRI Maps for Office. I have Microsoft Office 2013 that is 32 bit operating system (both the PC and the Office Software). Does ESRI Maps support Office 2013 yet? I thought I saw some where that it does but it is not working for me. Please help. Thanks.

Kimball Hansen

Hi Kimball,

Here's the link to the system requirements. Yes, Office 2013 is supported.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/esri-maps-office/index.html#//02930000001z000000

If you are having issues installing, please verify which version you are installing. The latest is v. 2.0.2.  Also, what types of error messages are you receiving when you run Office?

Regards,
Eric
0 Kudos