Adding Enterprise App to ArcGIS for Teams Channel

Jump to solution
03-19-2024 06:13 AM
CraigHarris1
New Contributor III

Hi! I have an app within ArcGIS Enterprise (11.1) which is shared to our org.  If I share / post this app within a Teams channel, could anyone within the company without an Enterprise license be able to see the map and associated pop-up data?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CraigHarris1,

I have an app within ArcGIS Enterprise (11.1) which is shared to our org.  If I share / post this app within a Teams channel, could anyone within the company without an Enterprise license be able to see the map and associated pop-up data? 

No. If you have an app inside your enterprise portal shared just to the organization, then an end user will need to be a member of the enterprise portal and require a login. You could assign them to the "viewer" role. 

Alternatively, you could set the sharing properties of the app, web map, and data sources to "everyone" - then an end user would not require a login to access and view.

Please review this help topic: Best practices for sharing.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CraigHarris1,

I have an app within ArcGIS Enterprise (11.1) which is shared to our org.  If I share / post this app within a Teams channel, could anyone within the company without an Enterprise license be able to see the map and associated pop-up data? 

No. If you have an app inside your enterprise portal shared just to the organization, then an end user will need to be a member of the enterprise portal and require a login. You could assign them to the "viewer" role. 

Alternatively, you could set the sharing properties of the app, web map, and data sources to "everyone" - then an end user would not require a login to access and view.

Please review this help topic: Best practices for sharing.

Hope this helps,

CraigHarris1
New Contributor III

Perfect -thanks Derek!