Can't save mobile project to IIS web server

09-08-2010 12:07 PM
InformationResources
New Contributor
I've talked to ESRI Tech Support and it's being researched. So far - no answer. I have ArcGIS Server 10 installed on WinServ 2008 SP1. IIS running. ArcGIS Web server and Mobile installed. 

I have a Windows domain account that's part of the agsadmin group and I can log into ArcGIS Server Manager with this account to create services and web apps. But, when I'm in ArcGIS Mobile Project Center and I want to save a Mobile project to the web server - I can't log in. I guess the web server won't recognize the account. I created a local account and put into agsadmin and can't log in with that account either. I stopped/started IIS. I added my domain account to perms for the web server.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
18 Replies
AngelGonzalez
Occasional Contributor II
Any solution to your problem? I cannot save a upload a mobile project from the Mobile Project Center to my ArcGIS 10 server either.
0 Kudos
MatthiasSchenker
Esri Contributor
We are having the same issues here on an ArcGIS Server on Windows 7 (32bit). The account is not recognized whereas the same user can logon to rest admin.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
lingyang
New Contributor
Same problem, happened on both Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2003 R2. It worked for a while then stopped working. Reinstalling both the ArcGIS Server and Mobile didn't help.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Please confirm user account is member of agsadmin group, we have only seen this reproduced when user account is not a member of agsadmin group or the domain doesn't allow the server to authenticate. Please contact Esri Support Services, http://support.esri.com/en, to have Support incident logged to further troubleshoot this behavior.

Thanks,
Denise
0 Kudos
BillRose
New Contributor III
Any update on this? Same issue with Win 2008 R1 on a multi-tier instance. Local account is a member of agsadmin on SOM and all SOC machines. Login is never prompted as it is with Manager app.

Same problem here, using Windows Server 2008 R2.  Anyone have a workaround yet?
0 Kudos
BillRose
New Contributor III
UPDATE: this issue went away after enabling Basic Authentication from the IIS 7 Authentication feature. (We are also using Windows Server 2008 R1.) ESRI Support stated that either Basic or Windows Authentication must be enabled for certain Mobile capabilities to function. This property is not set by the Post Installer in all cases.
0 Kudos
JeffAzevedo
New Contributor
What part of the 'Mobile' folder structure did you change the authentication? (Admin, Content ect.) I've tried everything, including many hours with tech support, and we have yet to get the web server working with Mobile. I've tried alternate methods for creating mobile projects and they all seem to have issues, it's very frustrating.
0 Kudos
BillRose
New Contributor III
I understand your frustration. Our mobile service is still not working correctly. But we can at least post and download projects. We made the authentication change to the IIS Home node. This appears in our view of IIS Manager two levels above the "Default Web Site" node in the Connections View. I'm assuming it trickled down to the Mobile Admin application, but in retrospect this seems questionable. Regardless, the items under the Authentication feature when Mobile Admin is selected appear as follows:

Anonymous Authentication - Enabled
  ASP.NET Impersonation - Enabled
  Basic Authentication - Enabled
  Forms Authentication - Disabled
  Windows Authentication - Disabled

I believe that the failure occurred when Basic Authentication was disabled.

Let me know if more details would be helpful.

What part of the 'Mobile' folder structure did you change the authentication? (Admin, Content ect.) I've tried everything, including many hours with tech support, and we have yet to get the web server working with Mobile. I've tried alternate methods for creating mobile projects and they all seem to have issues, it's very frustrating.
0 Kudos
JeffAzevedo
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried uploading a Windows mobile project package via the 'Mobile Content Directory'? If you have, you have me beat. I get the following error:
Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ArcGIS\Mobile\ContentRoot\WindowsMobile\Traffic\8d0eb6cc51804deba573d2f1b7412a65' is denied.
All of my security settings (Admin rights, UNC paths and Authentication) should be correct, yet I get this error? I haven't been able to fix this, and I have a real problem with continually tinkering around looking for a fix, while everything else works fine, including all our web services using Flex.
0 Kudos