Collect feature using same attributes with subtypes and domains

05-22-2012 02:56 PM
JulieScott-Ashe1
New Contributor II
I'm trying to collect first a sample and then a duplicate of the sample.  The majority of the fields will be the same between the original sample and the duplicate so I'd like to be able to choose the option to collect sample using previous attibutes to save reentering the attibutes. 

The feature class I'm collecting in has subtypes applied but both my samples and duplicates are being collected under the same subtype (I have another field that distibguishes between the two).  Most of my fields have domains applied.  Some fields have defaults applied (but defaults for samples and duplicates are the same given they're in the same subtype).

When I choose to collect a new sample using the same attributes I get one of two results for different fields either the previous attribute is lost or the previous attribute is kept.

I can't find any pattern as to why some field attributes are kept and some are lost when choosing to create new feature using same attributes as previous.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
This is possible.
In theory this is how it will work.

1) Collect a sample (recording the Subtype, and all domain values including the default values).
2) First sample is complete, and synchronized (if needed), but also the feature is stored in a variable called previousFeature.
3) Collect a new point, a form appears, Use Last Feature? Yes, then copy all values from previousFeature to the newFeature, except for what needs to be different.
4) New point is complete and synchronized.

OR

1) Store the previousFeature in memory, just like above.
2) Collect the new feature, but call a method to change newFeature to previousFeature except for what needs to be different.

For this to work, you will need to go through each field in previousFeature, and apply them to the newFeature for both cases.
0 Kudos