Convert MapCoordinate from WGS 84 and vice versa - Bug

10-18-2012 03:45 AM
nagavijayasankaran
New Contributor
Hello,

I am seeing a strange issue in 10.0 mobile version. If a convert a coordinate (x.x,y.y) to WGS84 using  mobilecache1.spatialreferece.towgs84 and if I convert the resulting GPS coordinate back to map coordinates using mobileCache1.SpatialReference.FromWgs84, the resulting mapcoordinates does not match the original map coordinates. Its about 30 to 50 m off, depending on the mobilecache spatial reference. Below is the piece of the code, I used to test this. However in 9.3.1 the same function works fine and , the resulting coordinates match close to a decimal point.

Has anybody seen this ?? and is there a workaround or an alternate method to convert GPS coordinates to map coordinates.

private void TestTransformations()
      {

Coordinate coordinate = new Coordinate( 245649.4, 3280766.6 );
         Coordinate gpsCoordinate = mobileCache1.SpatialReference.ToWgs84( coordinate ); 
         Coordinate coord = mobileCache1.SpatialReference.FromWgs84( gpsCoordinate.X,gpsCoordinate.Y);
         MessageBox.Show( coord.X + "  " + coord.Y );

}

Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimDonoyou
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

We have a similar issue in that we experience a transformation shift when using British National Grid as data frame projection and the GPS collects the data in WGS84 but ArcGIS Mobile 3.1 does not re-project this successfully.

Support call logged so hoping for a solution soon....

Cheers

Tim
0 Kudos
nagavijayasankaran
New Contributor
Thanks Tim,

We are using 10.0 (2550) build. Please keep us posted on what resolution ESRI provides. I will be opening a ticket with them as well.

Thanks,
Naga
0 Kudos