Extension not showing up in the ArcGIS Mobile

Jump to solution
04-25-2011 11:46 AM
GenaroGarcia
New Contributor III
The extension did not showing up the ArcGIS Mobile application (10.0)
While building the project in Mobile Project Center, the extension does show up as one of the options.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Process I followed:
1.  Took the sample, Show XY Location Extension,  build it using VS 2008.
2.  Inserted the Dll in the correct location.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\ArcGIS Mobile\Extensions
3.  Created a new mobile project using the Mobile Project Center.
4.  Added mapcache, select the "Show XY Location Extension" and saved it.
5.  Opened the wmpk file.
6.  I made sure the mapcache existed.
7.  Started the project by opening the amp file.
8.  Within the project, I clicked the Tasks button to revel the task and extensions.
9.  The �??Show XY Location�?� extension does not show up.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GenaroGarcia
New Contributor III
With the help of ESRI's Mobile staff the problem was solved.
There are two dlls associated with the VS Solution which need to be copied to the correct folders.

1. The dll that is located in the  ...\<Soluation>\MobileProjectCenter\bin\release folder need to be copied to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin\Extensions folder.

2. The dll that is located in the  ....\<Soluation>\bin\Release folder needs to be copied to the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin folder.

Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GenaroGarcia
New Contributor III
With the help of ESRI's Mobile staff the problem was solved.
There are two dlls associated with the VS Solution which need to be copied to the correct folders.

1. The dll that is located in the  ...\<Soluation>\MobileProjectCenter\bin\release folder need to be copied to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin\Extensions folder.

2. The dll that is located in the  ....\<Soluation>\bin\Release folder needs to be copied to the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin folder.

Hope this helps others.
0 Kudos