Hello,

Environment:
========
ArcGIS Mobile 10
Visual Studio 2010 Professional
.NET 3.5 sp1

Problem:
======
im receiving GPS position with (1 Second) Real Interaval, im rotation the map and centering it to the current location but the map flickers ?? any idea how to solve this problem, infact with SDC data there is no flicker at all, isnt the new Map Cache suppose to be better than SDC,,

any help would be appreciated,,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
ESRI Staff, please can you help with this ??
0 Kudos
MelindaFrost
Occasional Contributor
Have you gotten any where with this? I need to remove the flicker as well. I have been doing some testing, it you use the pan or zoom in, zoom out mapactions- there have this nice fade transition to them. If you call pan, zoom in, zoom out from the map control (like in code), you get a whole map redraw. Exactly like the GPS. It seems to wipe the map and redraw. I am guessing that somehow I need to apply a transition to get rid of the flicker.
0 Kudos
NoureddineEl-zaatari
New Contributor
how are you getting Fade Transition ?? are you using WPF Map control or the Windows Form Map Control ??
0 Kudos
MelindaFrost
Occasional Contributor
Sorry- yes I am using WPF. still trying to get it to stop flickering
0 Kudos
BobPokorny
New Contributor
Not sure if this will help, but try using the IGraphicTracker interface to expose the objects and classes to put tracking objects on the tracking layer.
The problem I am having is, I am reading the serial port for gps data, but for some reason I am getting poor performance.  If I understand the tracking layer, it gets updated automatically every second, however the map data I am display take quite some time to paint.

Unfortunately, I'm begining to wonder if Arc 10.0 is slooow.
0 Kudos
FredericWalter
New Contributor III
I've got the same problem few days ago (map that flickers when using WPF controls). I finally found the solution: just set the "EnableNavigationAnimations" property on the MapControl to false.
0 Kudos