Mobile Project Center and Trimble Positions

Jump to solution
08-05-2013 11:25 AM
ChadFoster
Occasional Contributor
I have a project in Mobile Project Center and it contains Timble Positions enabled FGDB with point, line, and polygon features including the TrimbleSessions feature.  I created my FGDB and added Global ID's, HorizontalEstimatedAccuracy, HeightAboveEllipsoid, LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, and ELEVATION to all features.  In Mobile Project Center I have set the AutoFill values to the corresponding fields but am getting an error message 5009 saying "Fields using built-in GPS Auto Fill values will not be updated during post processing."  In the details of the error message it says "There is more than one instance of the built-in GPS Auto Fill values being specified.  These Fields will not be updated during post processing in Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in." 

I uploaded this project to a GEOXH6000 GPS, and had someone go collect data, when they returned, I synchronized the Mobile Cache but can not get the post processing of the data to work.  I can see the features that were collected but when I look at the attribute tables, the  HorizontalEstimatedAccuracy & HeightAboveEllipsoid fields are empty.  The LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, and ELEVATION fields are all populated.  What I am missing here?  If I set the HorizontalEstimatedAccuracy & HeightAboveEllipsoid fields up the same way as LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, and ELEVATION fields, why then are they not being populated?  And is this the reason why I can not post process?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChadFoster
Occasional Contributor
It appears that the toolbar for Positions has a known issue concerning the creation of the sessions feature class.  I was not able to synchronize the collected data from the GPS to the sessions feature because of this.  The link below offers and explanation and XML Workspace document that you can use to import the sessions feature class into your FGDB.

http://www.trimble.com/globalTRLTAB.asp?Nav=Collection-91068

Chad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KurtTowler
New Contributor III
Yesterday I just did my first post-processing with Trimble Positions add-in.  Those fields are populated after the differential correction.  I was also a little surprised they weren't filled in earlier.
0 Kudos
AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor
You do actually have to click the Update button in Positions before those two fields can be populated.  If something was messed up in the original project and that's why they are not populating, you can try again after the fact.  Check out this blog post for the directions: http://positionsblog.trimble.com/?p=19
0 Kudos
ChadFoster
Occasional Contributor
It appears that the toolbar for Positions has a known issue concerning the creation of the sessions feature class.  I was not able to synchronize the collected data from the GPS to the sessions feature because of this.  The link below offers and explanation and XML Workspace document that you can use to import the sessions feature class into your FGDB.

http://www.trimble.com/globalTRLTAB.asp?Nav=Collection-91068

Chad
0 Kudos
AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor
I'm glad you got that figured out and thanks for the link.  It was my understanding that that issue was specific to earlier versions of Trimble Positions.  If you have the latest version, you shouldn't need to use that xml anymore.
0 Kudos