Online Basemaps problems

03-21-2014 05:56 AM
WaylonLang
New Contributor II
I've recently started having problems with ESRI's online basemap in my Mobile Project center created projects. When a deployed project is opened that contains ESRI's basemap such as World Imagery, the program asks for user and password credentials. It never asked for this before and I never had problems with the basemaps loading. I've tried entering my global/arcgis online id and no dice and no errors are ever given. You can cancel them out and the project will load fine but without the basemaps.

When I go into the mobile project center and load the project, the basemaps show an error stating "Invalid Token" with the option to enter an user and password again. If I delete the basemaps and go to add a new "Basemap from ArcGis Online", mobile project center crashes giving the error, "An unexpected error has occurred and the application will need to exit. A event has been created in the event log". Where this event log is a mystery to me.

I'm using ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1. Also while this problem was only recently brought to my attention, it could have been a problem for a couple months now. Has anyone else experienced problems like this with the online basemaps?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WaylonLang
New Contributor II
I just tried creating a project with Mobile Project Center in 10.2 and I get the same thing again. The program crashes when I try to add an online basemap. Anyone else getting this?
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
I am still using ArcGIS Mobile 10.0.
Currently I have the following services in my application, and I just checked if they work or not:
World_Imagery  - Works
World_Street_Map - Works
World_Light_Gray_Base - Does not work

I know the Light_Gray worked last week but I am not sure what happened to it. This is also the one we like to use in the field because it is the lightest in terms of bandwidth. I believe that sometimes the services go down for maintenance and then come back.

As for your problems in the Project Center, I might have had this issue a long time ago but I don't remember what I did to fix it. Have a look on the forums there may be a solution here.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
WaylonLang
New Contributor II
Thank you to those who replied. After putting in a support ticket it appears the problems myself and others are experiencing is a bug. http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk5NDE5. There is another new bug under review in regards to already deployed projects asking for credentials when loading online basemaps, reference NIM100653. There is no workaround.
0 Kudos