Problems Using ArcGIS Mobile / Map Cache within another program

04-01-2011 05:20 AM
ChristinaGnadinger
New Contributor II
I am using a Juno SB which has both ArcGIS Mobile 10 and a secondary program (Cartegraph) loaded onto it.

After following the workaround here, http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=38116, I was finally able to create a map cache that would load in ArcGIS Mobile. However our plans are to use this secondary program with the GIS functionality built into it in order to view the data.

When I open the other program and invoke the mapping functionality I get a series of errors that may be sourced from GIS not loading properly. I have dug and dug (and dug) with no success in finding a solution. Can anyone recommend a something that may work? I have actually spent hours on the phone with the Cartegraph folks and even they haven't been able to help me .. :*(

** It's worth pointing out that I am not familiar with coding or any programming behind this (nor do I have the appropriate software). I read lines of code on here and my vision turns fuzzy 🙂 **

There are typically 4 or 5 errors (the last errors keep repeating actually) that all start out with this message:

"An unexpected error has occurred in Mobile.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

File or assembly name 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile, Version=10.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

The details for each instance are as follows

(1) "Mobile
MissingMethodException
File or assembly name 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile, Version=10.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86', or one of its dependencies, was not found.

at CarteGraph.Mobile.Core.CoreScreenManager.ShowMap()
at CarteGraph.Mobile.Core.NavigationService.ShowScreen()
at CarteGraph.Mobile.Core.MobileHomeScrn.OnMouseDown()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
at CarteGraph.Mobile.Shell.Program.Main()"

(2) + all have the same details ...

"Mobile
MissingMethodException
File or assembly name 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile, Version=10.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8FC3CC631E44AD86', or one of its dependencies, was not found.

at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize()"

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you can provide!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III
The issue is more than likely that the Cartegraph software cannot read this type of file.  The projects generated from the Mobile tools or from within the MPC will only be compatible with Esri products.  I'm not sure if Cartegraph has a forum, but you might get more responses from there than on the ArcGIS forums. 

Cheers,
Chris
0 Kudos
AlexProtyagov
New Contributor
Most likely there is problem with CarteGraph because last call on stack you provided says
at CarteGraph.Mobile.Core.CoreScreenManager.ShowMap()

Also you might want to check if file ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.dll exists in the folder where program expects it. Probably the same folder were CarteGraph is.
0 Kudos