Show map and attributes panel on same screen

10-24-2013 01:53 PM
ChadTaylor
New Contributor
Hi,

Is it possible to show both the map and object attributes on the same screen at all times? I'm fairly new to ArcGIS Mobile and I can't figure out how to create a custom page that would show the map as well as the attributes of an item at all times.

Ideally I would like the application to automatically select the next object based on the proximity of the GPS location and then show that object's attributes in a panel beside the map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad
0 Kudos
2 Replies
VishApte
Esri Contributor
I too had this same requirement from client. Client wanted Edit Feature Attributes Page to be displayed side-by-side with Map page and not exclusive to each other. I started looking into an option of creating a custom page with Map control and Edit Attributes but had technical difficulties. I also played with the idea of showing a floating WinForm for Edit Attributes but it required lot of coding. Client has temporarily accepted out of the box solution of either map page or attribute page and but will require this sorted in the next phase of the project.

Cheers,
Vish
0 Kudos
HemingZhu
Occasional Contributor III
I too had this same requirement from client. Client wanted Edit Feature Attributes Page to be displayed side-by-side with Map page and not exclusive to each other. I started looking into an option of creating a custom page with Map control and Edit Attributes but had technical difficulties. I also played with the idea of showing a floating WinForm for Edit Attributes but it required lot of coding. Client has temporarily accepted out of the box solution of either map page or attribute page and but will require this sorted in the next phase of the project.

Cheers,
Vish

I think the best bet is to create you own window forms app using runtime sdk. Coding is surprisingly straight forward and not complicated at all.
0 Kudos