Updating a domain for ArcGIS Mobile Application

12-05-2014 05:29 AM
AllWeatherHeather
Occasional Contributor

We have an existing ArcGIS mobile application running on Trimble Juno units and we are successfully using domain values to populate a drop down. Users have requested additional options be added to the drop down list so I added the values to the domain on the database and restarted the services. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the new options in my drop down on the data collector even after synchronizing all the feature classes. Do I need to republish the service or re-download the project to make this change show up on the data collectors?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattFlowerday1
New Contributor III

You need to delete the mobilecache and mapschema from the device and redownload data from the service onto the device - this will pull thru the changes to your domain.

You could try just deleting the mapschema.bin file then next time you fire up the device it will download an new schema file (with the changes in domain)- however you must be connected to the internet (to be able to see the service) otherwise you will get an error message.

0 Kudos
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

You will need to reload the service in mobile project center. After that you will notice that the domain values are now in place. ArcGIS Mobile is kind of a pain in this aspect I have noticed. Looking forward to moving to collector someday as the admin of that is much easier since you can just refresh the service.

0 Kudos