Wierd behaviour - can add a new feature, but not edit it

11-13-2013 06:12 AM
ColinLang
New Contributor III
Hello,

I am using ArcGIS mobile 10.1, with the data coming from ArcGIS server 10.1 as a mobile service, with feature access enabled as well.  The original data all resides in an SDE database.  All my editable layers have versioning on, attachments on (for collecting photos), editor tracking on, and Global IDs. 

I am using the Inspection Extension (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=fda105580d6d4a80bd31d6b108d5edc5), which lets you specify a relationship between a feature, and an inspection event for that feature.  In my particular case, I'm inspecting roads.  I have set up the configuration to automatically populate the street name, inspector, and insepction date in the attributes of the inspection feature, which is a point on the line. 

When I test out my setup, I find I can add a new inspection, but once it is saved, I cannot edit it.  I was under the impression that any layer with Global IDs that was setup as "This layer is used to collect data" should be editable, so I'm a bit stumped as to why I can create features but then not edit them.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
0 Replies