Big Data Platform

09-01-2014 12:41 AM
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Thanks for your post!

I’m .net Guy with 8 years experience but will not hesitate to learn other technologies that fits best for BIg Data concept. However knowing the fact assembly language of Big Data is Java. It will be appreciated if you can help me how I can start working on Hadoop. As I found different platforms Hdinsight (hortonworks) based on windows , Cloudera  etc. Can you help me in choosing the platform. Please provide answer in both cases if I have spatial data and also if I have to work on non-spatial data.

We are using ESRI products ( Arcgis server, ArcMAp, ArcSDe, MS SQL server) for our  enterprise solution

Tags (1)
3 Replies
MichaelPark
Esri Contributor

If you're not set on using Windows for your cluster, Linux is the way to go.  We have used both Ambari (Hortonworks) and CDH (Cloudera) to set up our clusters.  The end result for each is more or less the same. 

Are you able to share some insight into what you're trying to accomplish with a Hadoop cluster? 

0 Kudos
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

We would like to use windows but would like to know advantages and disadvantages of using it.

0 Kudos
MartaMelloch
New Contributor

I think there is something for you:

Hortonworks Sandbox

0 Kudos