GeoEvent Remove no update event

08-31-2023 08:28 AM
DRae
by
New Contributor III

I want to remove the events that are not receiving any updates for such as 30 minutes or long. How can I do this? I see that there is a processor called "Track Gap Detector" to monitor the no update events. Can how use it and how to remove the events? Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry, I am not sure I understand the question but since you have no replies yet I thought I would ask for more detail -- An event comes in through a Feed, if you don't get any follow-up events through the feed what do you want to remove?  

0 Kudos
DRae
by
New Contributor III

We setup a input for the GeoEvent that will pulling from the API every five minute, the API will include the events that need to show on the map. However, sometime the event will be close that won't include on the API. I need to remove it on the map if the API won't include it. How can I do it?

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg

Okay, so is your output a stream layer or a feature layer, and if it's a feature layer is it on entry per target if (last Know) or all data? 

Does your Poll return all data or just open events?  

0 Kudos
DRae
by
New Contributor III

The output is a feature layer. The feature layer is for all data.

The poll only return the open events.

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg

Then add a column for State (Open, Closed, in_progress,....)  update that with a Big Data Analytic every so often, and then update it again as part of your data stream flow in the real-time analytic.  Now all you need is a filter on the Map.   

Or use a last updated time stamp and anything not updated within the poll window would be considered closed. 

There maybe other options as well, but those are the two I would consider. 

0 Kudos
DRae
by
New Contributor III

Thanks you. I have the state column added. I can add the open status to the incident. I am still wonder of the update to closed by the filter. Can you give me little bit more idea on it?

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg

Do a Big Data Analytic, Schedule it to run as needed between/at the end of poll cycles, and change the Status in that pass.   

Again there could be other/better ways to do this. But this is my approach.