GeoEvent Server Upgrade to 11.1

Jump to solution
02-14-2024 12:14 PM
DRae
by
New Contributor III

Hi I am new to GeoEvent,

If I have the ArcGIS Enterprise portal, GIS server, GeoEvent, all of them are 10.9 and installed on separated machine right now.

Can I just upgrade the GeoEvent Server only to 11.1 first?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

GeoEvent has 2 components: ArcGIS Server & GeoEvent Manager.

As long as that underlying ArcGIS Server instance is NOT federated with the rest of the ArcGIS Enterprise system (not a common setup), then yes GeoEvent can be upgraded independently from everything else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

GeoEvent has 2 components: ArcGIS Server & GeoEvent Manager.

As long as that underlying ArcGIS Server instance is NOT federated with the rest of the ArcGIS Enterprise system (not a common setup), then yes GeoEvent can be upgraded independently from everything else.

0 Kudos
TimoT
by
New Contributor III

Just as a discussion point - Federation doesn't appear to add any capability to GeoEvent Server unlike other server licensing roles. Federating GeoEvent only serves to integrate its security model to Portal. You still have to create Enterprise/Server connection(s) within GeoEvent Manager regardless of whether you federate or not.

As far as I can tell, there's no loss of functionality from not federating your GeoEvent Server. Even though it is not a common setup, there doesn't appear to be a significant drawback.

Timo

DRae
by
New Contributor III

The GeoEvent Machine has it's own GIS Server(on the same local machine), and that GIS server is not federated on the enterprise portal. GeoEvent Server only has a registered server portal connection on the GeoEvent data store to the portal. There are two data stores in the GeoEvent, one is the local GIS Server, and the other one is the enterprise portal. Is it still OK to just upgrade the GeoEvent serer to 11.1??

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes it's okay to upgrade GeoEvent!

0 Kudos
DRae
by
New Contributor III

One more thing. I also have to upgrade the local GIS Server right?

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Upgrade the local GIS Server first, then upgrade GeoEvent