GeoTab Connector with Multiple GeoTab Databases

12-21-2023 05:47 AM
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

I have a support case open, but wanted to see if anyone else has multiple GeoTab databases they have connected in GeoEvent.  One department in our organization first got GeoTab a few years before the rest of or organization and are on a separate account.  So in GeoEvent we have two different inputs connected to the two different databases.  However, I started noticing vehicle names and groups showing up.  It looks like GeoTab does not have unique IDs across databases.  After some digging, I noticed that there is a geotab directory in the data directory where it is caching data, so it doesn't have to make extra calls to GeoTab.  Unfortunately there is only one directory, not a directory per input or per database.  I did lower the cache frequency from 60 minutes to 1 minute, which seems to help.  Though I don't think it is going to fully address the issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

@Justin_Greco -- I was able to check with one of the developers and confirm that the original GeoTab implementation did not anticipate that an organization might have different administrative units or groups each with their own GeoTab account. The latest release of the connector (Release 11 - July 5, 2023) does not support multiple 'databases' within the cached data. You could post a comment to the connector's page in the GeoEvent Server Gallery requesting an enhancement, but I cannot say when or if the enhancement would be picked-up for development.

Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

@RJSunderman Thanks for the response, I figured we are probably one of the few organizations with multiple GeoTab accounts.  It wouldn't be an issue if the IDs were unique across the two databases.  I'll share your response with the premium support analyst I'm working with. 

0 Kudos