Problem with 'Watch a folder for new .csv files'

07-01-2014 03:38 AM
AndreasEspersen
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I have a problem with getting data from a CSV file processed by GEP that is beginning to drive me mad.....!

I'm using the input Watch a folder for new .csv files but I haven't had any luck getting the GEP to output it correctly. Either it is only showing the first line or else it shows nothing when outputting to Publish text to a TCP Socket and gives various errors in the log that haven't guided me in the right direction.

The input to GEP is made via model builder and runs every 5 minutes and an example of the file can be seen attached (The file format was changed to txt so the file could be uploaded.)

My Geoevent Definitions and input adaptor can be seen in the attached PNGs.

When changing the GeoEvent Definition to 'incident', which comes with the installation and using the csv files (Flights/Trucks) from the tutorial things are working.

I think the problem is related to building the geometry but i havent found a solution for it.

Any ideas on what is going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy
0 Kudos
11 Replies
EvanPerry
New Contributor II

Thanks RJ

Thanks for the clarification, all good without the headers indeed and seems to get through the processor noticeably faster too

Cheers Evan

0 Kudos
khoanbkhoanb
New Contributor

hi RJ!

i using geovent 10.5 . i input file .csv . i want to get file names input to field . how to do it? can you help ?

thanks !

0 Kudos