Upgrade GeoEvent Server from 10.9.1 to 11.1 - Features Services aren't displayed

12-10-2023 11:42 PM
MaxBöcke
New Contributor III

Moin from Hamburg Area (Germany),

we've got an issue that after upgrading the GeoEvent Server from 10.9.1 to 11.1 and importing the backuped Configuration-File, the feature service are not shown in the Spatiotemporal datastore overview in GeoEvent Manager 11.1. Created MapService are displayed. See figure attached.

I did the upgrade procedure twice. In the first attempt I didn't close the connections to SBDS datastores and the already upgrade Hosting Server. So I fallbacked the snapshot of the VM Maschine of GeoEvent Server and performed the upgrade again, with cutting all ends (to Hosting Server and SBDS datastore cluster).

Finally, I got the same issue. So I assume its the backuped configuration file from 10.9.1 what should be imported into the 11.1 GeoEvent according the Upgrade documentation (PDF Document delivered by sofware download).

Last but not least - there are currently NO functional limitations - the existing feature services are working well and new real time data are updated and displayed properly. 

BUT, we have currently no overview about the feature services in relation to the sbds datasources! This is the problem.

See figure attached

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

@MaxBöcke -- I've seen what you describe (and illustrate in your attached PNG) before. In my experience when the GeoEvent Manager web application is not listing feature services I know were created to provide access to data in a spatiotemporal data store's Data Source, and I try to browse to the feature service's page in the ArcGIS REST Services Directory, I see something like an HTTP/500 error returned. The feature service (for whatever reason) has been corrupted or its endpoint cannot be reached at REST, so queries made by web clients like GeoEvent Manager fail when they attempt to discover and list the web services.

I can confirm that an output such as Add a Feature to a Spatiotemporal Big Data Store or Update a Feature in a Spatiotemporal Big Data Store are only used by web clients who need to query to retrieve a feature record set for display (for example) on a web map. GeoEvent Server interrogates an Enterprise portal (using a registered server connection) to discover whether or not the portal's hosting server has a registered spatiotemporal data store and obtain the Elasticsearch credentials needed to make a direct connection. You can expect, then, that GeoEvent Server will be able to add / update feature records in a spatiotemporal data store even if you create a Data Source and leave the checkboxes used to publish a map and/or feature service unchecked. GeoEvent Server is not using the web services for data access.

You could try deleting the Enterprise portal hosted content items (e.g. the map and/or feature service listed in the Enterprise portal content manager web application) and then use GeoEvent Manger to create a new map / feature service for the existing spatiotemporal Data Source. That should preserve any data and simply create new web services for client applications that need them to access the data. If this doesn't work I would encourage you to open an incident with Esri Technical Support so that they can work through the issue with you.

0 Kudos