Community Hub Accounts Accidentally created

04-17-2022 01:34 PM
JosephZebrowski
New Contributor II

Students on my campus are somehow creating community hub accounts. They normally contact me directly or through faculty to get an account.

I cannot figure out how they are finding the Hub landing page to do this. I have not shared our Hub beyond specific projects and invitations to specific community members. This happened randomly a couple of times before. Now an entire class somehow created their own accounts. Does anyone have ideas on how this could be happening and how to prevent it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosephZebrowski
New Contributor II

I figured it out mostly. People who find our regular AGOL organization page are prompted to make a Hub account if they do not have an Organizational account. I need to figure out how to remove that option and create some sort of option for them to request an account. I can then determine whether to invite them to our organization or send them a community organization invitation. This is really messing with me as ArcGIS Online takes off on our campus.

JosephZebrowski_1-1650230526695.png

0 Kudos
JayDev
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @JosephZebrowski, this is a setting that is shared between your primary ArcGIS Online organization and your community organization. You can modify this setting in your Hub Settings if you have administrator credentials in both organizations. Instructions to do so can be found here.