Editing a Hub page issues

04-12-2023 10:54 AM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

To begin, a caveat. I am a seasoned ArcGIS user, but have not developed a Hub site myself.

Short background: The organization for which I work has a ArcGIS Hub site that serves as a GIS data warehouse for Oklahoma. The individual who developed it has left our organization for greener pastures and those within our organization typically just update the data content and do not need to make additional changes to the site.

However, the other day, it was brought to my attention that there were a number of dead links on our pages. For instance, on this page, all of the links under "You may be interested in" are "broken." Frankly, I do not know why this section is even here since the same data can be found above under Layers. And those links work. (But that's another story.)

Hovering over the link, I see it is missing the layer id, for instance, instead of https://csagis-uok.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/ff855151b13f4b9bb6188e46960bc025?layer=11 it is merely https://csagis-uok.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/ff855151b13f4b9bb6188e46960bc025.

I thought this would be a very easy fix--just go to the page and update the links. I was wrong. For the life of me, I cannot even access the page to edit (I can get to the page to edit the metadata, but not the page content itself). (BTW, I should mention that I have the content creators login and I am logged in as her.)

Again, not knowing much about Hub sites, I suspect this content is dynamically created, but I really don't know.

I would really like to fix this issue, though. And there are 77 counties in Oklahoma and it appears each of our county pages has this problem.

Any guidance (your own tips, links to online resources, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

From the Hub site linked I think that element under "You may be interested in"  is an Application Card, so I do not think there is a way to directly edit the links.

Instead, I would check your Groups in ArcGIS Online. There should be a group that is auto-generated from the Hub Site that contains the maps and layers that are shared. I would confirm if the URLs to these still work, and if not then reshare the content to the group and insert back into the Hub site.

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
ToddFagin

Thank you. I have found one of the auto-generated groups and the links appear to be correct. Any further suggestions?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Thank you for giving that a test. In this case I think editing the Hub site will be required.

Can I just confirm what happens when you try to edit the ArcGIS Hub site? Does it happen on other Hub sites as well?

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
ToddFagin

I think this takes me back to square one. I was originally trying to edit the Hub site but unable to do what I had intended to do. Of course, I have limited my editing as to not messing anything up that is currently functioning, but perhaps I need to take a more aggressive approach.

0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

About 2 years ago during ESRI AGOL updates and pushing new data to AGOL i have several Surveys & Dashboard corrupted.  Used the Reports within Organization Status to discover i had data layers deleted at random. 

0 Kudos