No Option to Email Followers for Hub Initiative

06-22-2023 05:53 AM
Justin_Greco
Occasional Contributor II

We have Hub initiative that was created over a year ago, but we are just started to rollout this week.  The group we built the initiative for would like to be able to email all of the followers, however this initiative does not give us check boxes next to follower's accounts on the Community section.  If Icreate a new initiative, I see the check boxes and am able to email the followers.  Was the ability to email followers added since I created the initiative?  If so is there a way to enable that on the existing initiative or would I need to create a new one?

Below are some screenshots of what I am seeing vs what I expect to be seeing.  I'm not seeing the following:

• The Add Follower or Email buttons on the left side
  • The check boxes next to each follower
  • The learn about follower visibility in the top right, instead I see the Discussion Options button (which I have enabled)

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 11.54.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 11.56.27 AM.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Do you have a Follow The Event Card on the page??

PaulTHEDUDELang_0-1687442308792.png

0 Kudos
Justin_Greco

Yes, I do, I also just tried adding it again to see if that would enable the email options, but no luck.

0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Is the page public?

0 Kudos
Justin_Greco

Yes it is public.

0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

From the initiative, Setting, Interactions, Follow Tab enabled??

Looking thru some of my stuff to test behavior...

0 Kudos
Justin_Greco

That is all enabled, what I ended up doing was creating a team for the volunteers.  I can select and email the volunteers from there, instead of under community.

ossgis
by
New Contributor

We are having the same issue.

This last response is a work around but it does not really address the fix in function that is needed.

Our NPO has been Hub Premium user since 2020. There has been a great deal of improvement and expansion in function since then. We are also finding that emailing trusted community members 'seems' to be possible only with newly created initiatives.

Esri Hub Team - what say you?

oss.hub.arcgis.com

0 Kudos