'Update date' misleading

Jump to solution
06-17-2015 10:21 AM
ChrisMathers
Occasional Contributor III

Our open data portal is set up to pull data from our server site live but a member of the public noticed that the 'About' block on the right side of a download page for a dataset shows the date I registered the service with AGOL in April. It looks like the data hasn't been updated in two months even though the data is as current as we see in our own office. Is there a way to fool it into updating often or drop it from the page entirely?

Dataset | Bay County, FL Open Data Portal

Tags (2)
11 Replies
YvesLeger
Occasional Contributor

I've overwritten a few hosted feature layers after having added field aliases in order for the public to better understand the data.  While the "Date Last Updated" is correct and the field aliases show up when I look at the hosted feature layer in my ArcGIS Online content, the date isn't updated and the original field names are still showing on our Open Data site for these datasets.

I have found that if I click on "Edit" and then "Save" in the Description through ArcGIS Online content, the aliases and date are then updated on our Open Data site, but this can't be the normal workflow, can it?

young_mossy
New Contributor

Has there been any movement on this issue or is it add a field or enable editor tracking?