Select to view content in your preferred language

Replace Layer function for Tiled Imagery Layer

03-23-2023 08:14 AM
Labels (1)
KerryHe
New Contributor II

Is there a “Replace Layer” function for Tiled Imagery Layer published with ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online?

If not, what is the option to update a Tiled Imagery Layer while keeping the same itemid and be able to share it to Everyone?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jiezhang_imagery
New Contributor II

Hi Kerry, 

This is something that our development is still working on. May I ask whether the enhancement you are looking for is to recreate and replace the entire imagery layer or keep appending new images to the existing layer?

0 Kudos
KerryHe
New Contributor II

I am looking for the function to replace the entire imagery layer. Like the “Replace Layer” function available for Tile Layer on ArcGIS Online.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

So @KerryHe to clarify, is the tiled imagery layer used in existing web maps/apps? This is a workflow that has been discussed in the team and wanted to understand your workflow to support it fully. 

0 Kudos
KerryHe
New Contributor II

Thank for following up. I am not looking for replacing tiled imagery layer within a WebMap/WebApp. Instead, I am looking for the Replace/Update workflow/function for tiled image layer itself that is similar to the “Replace a raster tile layer” function exists in AGOL which can swap the tile layer and its cache and still keep the same item id and service URL.

0 Kudos
JourdainMcilquham
New Contributor

Hello,
Are there any updates on if/when this functionality will be available? I want to achieve a similar workflow where a tiled imagery layer is updated without changing the item id. Many thanks

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Jourdain, 

Thanks for the continued interest. We agree that this is important functionality and it is something that is still being discussed. I would encourage you to formally submit it on the Esri Ideas page. That way it can be tracked formally. 

Thanks for the interest and hopefully we will see the ability to update tiled imagery layers in the near future.