Publish Footprints with Image Service from Mosaic Dataset

08-15-2023 01:48 PM
WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2, Server 11
Drone RGB Imagery in a Mosaic Dataset, served as an Image Service.

Is there a way to display the footprints as part of an image service? Or a way to publish the footprints as a service? I don't want to export the footprints to feature because rasters will be added to the Mosaic Dataset over time.
I have tried to create a Database View of the footprints but can't seem to access the Footprint table in SQL. I have also tried to publish the footprints but can't figure out how to isolate them from the Imagery and the Boundary.

Any advice appreciated!

4 Replies
GaryChen
New Contributor

If the client is a customed web app, you can use the query operation of the image service to get the footprints geometries and construct a client-side feature layer. The web app offers filters to the end users and returns paginated results.

WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks for the idea @GaryChen, that could work for some of our applications. I would like also to be able to have the footprints available to our users in ArcGIS Pro/Desktop,

0 Kudos
LChamney9
New Contributor

In Pro, you should be able to Add Data From Path, add the ImageServer url. Then in ToC right-click layer, Properties, Display, Display Footprints. Similarly in ArcMap, r-click Properties, Display, 'Display footprints with this symbol'. I cannot see a way to get footprints to display by default though. And in ArcGIS Online or the Portal website... I cannot figure out how to view footprints except by clicking on a single one at a time in the attribute table.

WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply! Yes this is about where I ended up also. It seems there is no way to publish just the footprints to AGOL/portal. If you want them there you have to publish a map service.