Can a user book more than one reservation at a time during the same time?

Jump to solution
08-16-2023 12:26 PM
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to configure Indoors so that a user can reserve more than one space at the same time?

By default, it doesn't allow it and shows the user a message that says the booking is declined because you already have something booked for this time period.

We have a use case where we would like a user to be able to book two or more spaces during the same time period.

GISP
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @MichaelJenkins thanks for the clarification. Please post the ideas.

As for Collab Tables, you could model them as Meeting spaces. This way, one person can book an office hotel for themselves and the same person can also book the Meeting tables for a few hours that overlap the office hotel booking.

As for office hotels, each person can book and manage the reservation for themselves or for others if they are a Reservation Manager but they can't make two bookings for themselves for the same time or for a visitor. That would be a good enhancement.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael.

Have you looked into the reservation manager configuration?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/latest/space-planner/manage-people-and-spaces.htm#GUID-00076355-89...

The designated reservation manager can book office hotels on behalf of others. 
Basically, you'll be able to book multiple office hotels at the same time under a different name/occupant.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins

Hi Jinho,

We have implemented the reservation manager, but it still prevents anyone from having more than one reservation at the same time.  The reservation manager cannot book two spaces for the same person at the same time, so that is no different from a person not being able to book two spaces for themselves.

The hotel configurations have options for "maximum number of bookings" per person, but that does not override the "at the same time" restriction.

Is there any way to allow an occupant or reservation manager to book two spaces at the same time for one person?

GISP
0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @MichaelJenkins .. can you please elaborate why the same person, who is not a Reservation Manager,  would want to book two spaces for them for the same time so we can understand better?

You would be happy to know that the upcoming release of Indoor Viewer will honor the room capacity. So if the capacity is 3 then those many people can book the same space for the same time - but they will need to be different people.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins

Hello @GauravJobanputra .  The use case our customer presented is this.  "I (want to) book a hoteling station for a day, and also book collaboration tables for 2 hours"

If we designated the "collaboration tables" at Hot Desks instead of Hotels, would they be able to book one of each at the same time?

Another use case might be if a consultant is invited to come in for a day but they are not in our Indoors system as an occupant, so I might want to book a space for myself and another for them in my name.

I'm happy to add these to the Ideas forum, but for now I just need to get confirmation that this is either not possible right now or if it is where the settings for that would be.   I need to reply to our customer as to whether we can offer this to them or not.

GISP
0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @MichaelJenkins thanks for the clarification. Please post the ideas.

As for Collab Tables, you could model them as Meeting spaces. This way, one person can book an office hotel for themselves and the same person can also book the Meeting tables for a few hours that overlap the office hotel booking.

As for office hotels, each person can book and manage the reservation for themselves or for others if they are a Reservation Manager but they can't make two bookings for themselves for the same time or for a visitor. That would be a good enhancement.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins

Yes it helps, thanks.  Just to be clear, are Hot Desks not reservable and so not a potential solution?

GISP
0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@MichaelJenkins correct. 

0 Kudos