Elevation Issue in ArcGIS Indoors with CAD Data

01-21-2024 09:56 AM
AbhyanshuGupta
New Contributor III

Hi,
I have created a floor aware map using a CAD file, now for creating a 3d scene for the same for the wall details when i gave it a height using extrusion tool and tried uploading it on arcgis online i got an error that extruded features will be removed, so i used the layer 3d to feautre class tool and created a new feature class from it. Now after making it i am facing issue with its elevation, the layer is not being placed on the ground it is coming at some height why is this happening?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonHineEsri
New Contributor III

Hi @AbhyanshuGupta --

Thank you for your question. Please see the following instructions for preparing an indoor 3d scene for ArcGIS Online. If the problem persists when following these instruction, kindly indicate the step where the problem is seen. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/latest/viewer/prepare-a-scene-for-indoor-viewer.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_... 

0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor
  • Once the 2D Details feature is extruded how you wanted, verify that you're using "Layer 3D To Feature Class" GP tool and turn it into a multipatch.
  • Verify that the extruded 2D and newly created multipath should align precisely.
    • If not, verify the environment settings to see if different elevation values were automatically added.
    • Wouldn't hurt to verify if you used a cartographic offset before you ran the GP tool
0 Kudos