Multiple sites/campuses in single MMPK

Jump to solution
04-11-2023 12:08 PM
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

I believe MMPKs support inclusion of multiple maps.  Wondering if it is possible to use this feature to include multiple sites/campuses in a single MMPK for the ArcGIS Indoors mobile app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@Jade_Freeman the floor control in native Indoors mobile app (both iOS and Android) does not have a Site and Facility picker like the one available in the web app (Indoor Viewer). However, if you have the data in Sites and corresponding Site_ID in Facilities that belong to a Site, then you can create a Category Group for each site which will then list all Facilities within that Site and users can choose a building to make the map zoom/pan to the location. The floor control will display all floors for that building as well.

FYI .. we are in the process of a complete re-design of Indoors mobile (both iOS and Android) apps to take advantage of the latest release of ArcGIS MapsSDK. We'll keep you posted when we open up Early Adopter program for the Beta release.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Create Mobile Map Package (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

area_of_interest

Polygon layer that defines the area of interest. Only those features that intersect the area_of_interest value will be included in the mobile map package.

Which would suggest that the campuses would have to be close together.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

removed due to inaccurate information.

Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for the suggestion! We are aware of sites and have them implemented however, I was not aware the mobile app had a mechanism for selecting site. Giving it a try now!
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@Jade_Freeman the floor control in native Indoors mobile app (both iOS and Android) does not have a Site and Facility picker like the one available in the web app (Indoor Viewer). However, if you have the data in Sites and corresponding Site_ID in Facilities that belong to a Site, then you can create a Category Group for each site which will then list all Facilities within that Site and users can choose a building to make the map zoom/pan to the location. The floor control will display all floors for that building as well.

FYI .. we are in the process of a complete re-design of Indoors mobile (both iOS and Android) apps to take advantage of the latest release of ArcGIS MapsSDK. We'll keep you posted when we open up Early Adopter program for the Beta release.

Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @GauravJobanputra I suspected as much but thought I would test it out.  I think it makes sense that a site or facility selector would not be included in the native mobile apps which are highly focused on a user's current location; so the map would follow you around, results are sorted by proximity, etc.  This is easy to forget when you work remotely and are always having to zoom/pan to campus during testing!

It would be nice if the native mobile apps would either support setting an initial extent, different than the extent of included data, or honor the default site/facility/level selection as the JS floor widget does.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @Jade_Freeman great suggestions. Honoring the facility and level set in the floor widget is already in our new designs. For the other suggestion, or, if the configuration is missing, you could submit an Idea.