Ability to Attribute Join Across Multiple Data Sources

02-11-2022 07:42 AM
JessicaSmucker
New Contributor III

Hello all! We love ArcGIS Insights!! What would be AMAZING is if we could attribute join across multiple data sources. Any talk of this in the works?

8 Replies
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Not sure what you are asking. you can join multiple datasets together with a common field(s) using the relate button in upper left as shown below.  If you are talking about the same predefined filter for multiple datasets (global filters) those aren't there yet.

LauraBecht_1-1644595364703.png

Regards,

Laura Becht

JessicaSmucker
New Contributor III

Hi! I'm talking about if there are multiple data sources: 

JessicaSmucker_0-1644595943288.png

I am unable to join across our SQL database and datasets from other sources.

JessicaSmucker
New Contributor III

Awesome to hear that there will be "global" filters!

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

haven't heard of global filters in planning stage, there have been requests for them though!!

0 Kudos
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Please keep those ideas coming too... We love 'em! 🙂

The good news is that we always listen and discuss those requests. 🙂

The hard part is is prioritizing the community's great ideas and finding the bandwidth to incorporate them into each release.

I can tell you this, though:
Even when a great idea/request doesn't make it into the newest release, we're often working hard in the background developing the feature for a future release. 🙂 In fact, I would say most often we are... 🙂 

So never stop requesting features that are important to you, please. 

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I just tried to join a public layer with a database layer, and I replicated the issue you're having. I will bring this up at our next features meeting. I have a feeling it may be a security or database management issue, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

We're so glad you're loving Insights! Please let us know if/when you have questions about other features. We're always trying to make it even more useful for you. 

Most importantly: have an awesome Friday! 🙂

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
JessicaSmucker
New Contributor III

Awesome, happy Friday to you! 🙂

LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

I was told by ESRI that the layers/tables that you want to join need to be in the same geodatabase. This is a major issue for us. I hope this will change in the future.

0 Kudos