Error: Insights not working after upgrade from 2022.1 to 2023.1 and AGE 10.9.1 to 11.1

Jump to solution
02-22-2024 08:10 AM
AndreasDarr
New Contributor II

Hi,

after upgrading our base deployment (+ imageserver) from 10.9.1 to 11.1 (Windows Server 2019) and thus upgrading Insights from 2022.1 to 2023.1 we cannot create new or open existing ArcGIS Insights Workbooks anymore.

In developer tools in Google Chrome we get following error:

{
    "name": "request:server",
    "message": "Could not initialize class com.esri.insights.enterprise.EnterpriseState",
    "details": {
        "url": https://XXXXX/server/rest/services/Hosted/65c06c46/WorkspaceServer,
        "requestOptions": {
            "query": {
                "f": "json",
                "v": "2023.1.0.5466"
            }
        },
        "ssl": true,
        "httpStatus": 500,
        "messages": [],
        "raw": {
            "code": 500,
            "message": "Could not initialize class com.esri.insights.enterprise.EnterpriseState",
            "details": []
        }
    }
}

In Server Manager Logs we also get:
Unable to process request. Could not initialize class com.esri.insights.enterprise.EnterpriseState

We saw this post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-insights-questions/arcgis-insights-web-logs-file-location/td-p/... with a similar error, but unfortunately the solution provided does not work for us:
We do have enough disk space on the datastore machine and it is in mode readwrite. Also a restart did not help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Andreas

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasDarr
New Contributor II

Hi @AkshayHarshe , thank you for your replies.
We have solved this issue by manually granting the service account full-access to the gisserver directories. Somehow these rights were revoked and not granted correctly by running the tool Configure ArcGIS Service Account.  

Best regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndreasDarr ,

A few questions:

1. Can you create any content in the portal? e.g. use "Add Item" and create a new feature layer using an SD file. If this is not working, you might have a problem with the server or data store.

2. If you have a multi-machine deployment, install the server part of insights on all the server machines.

Also, for 11.1 you can use 2023.3.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AndreasDarr
New Contributor II

Hi @AkshayHarshe,

thanks for getting back to me. Regarding you points:

1. I can create and modify content in the portal, publish from ArcGIS Pro to portal and also upload and publish from a local SD file.

2. We have one ArcGIS Server as Hosting-Server with Insights installed and one ArcGIS Server as Image-Hosting-Server. Is it also necessary to install Insights on the Imageserver?

Best regards,
Andreas 

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@AndreasDarr You should install it on your GIS/hosting server(s).

before anything, I suggest you clear cache and browsing data and/or try it in Incognito mode.

I am not entirely sure what is going on, you could try upgrading to 2023.3 and see if that fixes something. 

Previously, I had success solving this error by rebooting my portal and server machines. You can try that if that is an option for you.

If nothing fixes it, I recommend you reach out to support and have someone take a look. More likely it will be something to do with the DS. 

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@AndreasDarr One other thing I will have you check is to run the `describeDatastore.bat` file under your <installation directory>\Datastore\tools\ and see if you have any errors.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
AndreasDarr
New Contributor II

Hi @AkshayHarshe , thank you for your replies.
We have solved this issue by manually granting the service account full-access to the gisserver directories. Somehow these rights were revoked and not granted correctly by running the tool Configure ArcGIS Service Account.  

Best regards