How many features can handle Insights for ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
07-21-2017 04:46 AM
PabloIzquierdo1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm very interested in https://community.esri.com/groups/insights-for-arcgis?sr=search&searchId=82ba7852-f9d1-470d-b706-7bb..., but I would like to know how many features can handle at once, we have very large datasets (around 1.2 million areas), and I'm not sure if it would be able to handle them.

Thanks,

Pablo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your question.

Currently, Insights is limited to displaying ~50,000 features. This isn't a limitation of Insights, rather a limitation of the browser. 

However, it's important to note... Although we cannot always display all features, we do the analysis on all features. For example: Statistics - Such as the trend line, is done on the whole dataset although the scatter plot may not show all the points.

Also worth noting... At the 2.2 release we introduced binning! So you will be able to see all your features aggregated. See below:

Binned map showing the relative number of service requests across the municipality

Hope this helps!

Nathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Were there limitations listed in the documentation for Insights?

NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your question.

Currently, Insights is limited to displaying ~50,000 features. This isn't a limitation of Insights, rather a limitation of the browser. 

However, it's important to note... Although we cannot always display all features, we do the analysis on all features. For example: Statistics - Such as the trend line, is done on the whole dataset although the scatter plot may not show all the points.

Also worth noting... At the 2.2 release we introduced binning! So you will be able to see all your features aggregated. See below:

Binned map showing the relative number of service requests across the municipality

Hope this helps!

Nathan